Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I Paid Off My Car

Finally!!!!! 

Back Story Time:
Four years ago, I was fresh out of college and was living in an apartment. I had it made, my car was given to me when I turned 16. Okay, "given" might be an exaggeration. I was allowed to drive it, and they just never asked for it back. Sweetness! The car, a 1995 Honda Accord LX, was starting to have troubles starting in the winter, and I knew it was almost time for a new one, but I loved that car. 

In May 2007, my dad picked me up from my apartment to go visit my brother in Iowa City. I was a bit hungover that day, and moved my car from a street spot to a regular spot in the lot before I left. I remember that. I then came back from Iowa City the next day, but didn't go past where I had parked my car. The next AM, I was in the lot searching for my car. It was gone. No where. Stolen..... Shit. 

Luckily, State Farm got me a loaner car for a month to see if my Honda could be found. It couldn't, so I was given a nice check (for well over what a 1995 Honda that can't start). A day after that, the Police called and had located my car, up on blocks in the apartments next to my church, Ironic? I dunno. 

So I used that check as a down payment, and got a new (unplanned) car. And now that beast is paid off!!!!!

What am I going to do with that extra cash, you ask? Hmmmmm, help Jereme make extra payments on his car, so he can feel this victory. 

Now please, pretty please, do not break car. 

Knock on Wood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment